Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Ultrasound Dean Markley AG30 30W Acoustic Combo Amp - Ultratone Guitars Product Reviews Without Complaints!


Ultrasound Dean Markley AG30 30W Acoustic Combo Amp



The Ultrasound by Dean Markley AG-30 has been the best selling compact acoustic amp on the market for the  last 5 years. It has the pro quality tone and workmanship that all Ultrasound amps are famous for. Don't let it's compact size fool you, the AG-30 has plenty of power for small venues and with it's Line/Direct outs, it can easily be patched into a sound system for larger venues.

The AG-30 delivers unmatched acoustic tone in a lightweight combo package. It is a 30 watt, 1 x 8" acoustic guitar combo amp. This little amp is not a toy. It has the same pre-amp and speaker as its big brother the DSX. We kept the design simple so it would be affordable to anyone interested in pure acoustic tone. It still has plenty of useable features like Line Out, Direct Out (XLR), Effects Loop, and Headphone Out. The active tone controls and midrange "Shape" allow you to dial in a great tone with any acoustic instrument from mandolin to dreadnought, and the 18dB cut NOTCH FILTER can control any resonant feedback you may experience.

Once you hear how good your acoustic-electric instrument can sound, you will be hooked. If you want a pro quality amp, with pro quality tone and an amp you will be able to enjoy for years...

Specifications:

HEADPHONES: This jack provides a stereo signal to drive headphones. The use of this jack will disengage the amplifiers internal speaker. 
INPUT: Input designed for Instrument level (1/4") signals. 
EFX SEND: Output for supplying signals to external low-level effects or signal processing equipment. 
EFX RETURN: Input for returning signals from external low-level effects or signal processing equipment
VOLUME: Controls the overall volume of the amp. 
BASS: Adjusts the amount of cut or boost in the low frequency range. 
TREBLE: Adjusts the amount of cut or boost in the high frequency range. 
NOTCH FILTER HZ: Provides selectable frequency shift of the 18db cut NOTCH FILTER from 100Hz - 350Hz to eliminate resonant feedback. 
NOTCH FILTER ON/OFF: -This toggle switch enables or disables the notch filter control.
SHAPE ON/OFF: This toggle switch enables or disables the SHAPE control. The shape control is a mid dip control. In the on position the mid frequencies will be cut and the high and low frequencies will be boosted. . 
POWER: This rocker switch turns the AC power On and Off. When on the pilot light is illuminated to indicate the unit is ready for play.

AG-30 Back Panel Controls:

AC INPUT: Connect the female end of the AC line cord here. Connect the male plug to a suitable source of line voltage. Refer to the voltage information on the back of the amplifier for its voltage and current requirements. This connector also acts as the main fuse holder and includes a compartment for a spare fuse. 
LINE OUT: This jack provides an unbalanced out put from the preamp that is post eq and post efx. This send can be used to feed a signal to a recording or sound reinforcement mixer. Additionally this output can be used to drive a slave amp such as the ULTRASOUND AG-50E. DIRECT OUT: This XLR jack provides a balanced output signal that is post eq, used to feed recording or sound reinforcement equipment.


What Players are saying about the Ultrasound AG-30 Amp:


Really Shines at Reproducing the Sound of The Guitar.

I'm using a Takamine CP132SC classical/electric with the stock Accuracoustic pickup/preamp system. The amp really shines at reproducing the sound of the guitar and now I can compete with the rest of the string section. I haven't turned it up high enough to test for distortion, but it's clean up to 7.
Bill



As Good as Many $300 to $400 Amps

This is a good amp for practicing and small venues. Not "The closest approach to the original sound", but close enough to be classified as very good. In fact, as good as many $300 to $400 amps I have tried with my Garrison G20E acoustic electric guitar and sometimes even better. It becomes awsome when I use a finger picking style.
Upnorth



Sounds Just Like the Guitar.

Purchased for use with a summer 2003 limited edition Taylor 410 RCE (with the new Expression System). I play mostly folk, blugrass, and country, and this amp sounds unbelievable with this guitar (although I suspect it would sound great with just about any guitar). It is extremely quiet (no hum or buzz) and reproduces the sound of the guitar amazingly accurately. As many others have indicated, it sounds just like the guitar, only louder. It does not impart any characteristics of the amp itself to the sound. If this is what you want, look no further—you can't beat the price.
by Anonymous



Great little amp!

I'm using this as an onstage monitor and pre-amp going through our PA. Great dynamics and sound quality.
nineznuff from Holland, MI



The amp is absolutely quiet and surprisingly loud.

I wanted a light acoustic guitar amp for situations where I did not need the volume of my Fishman Loudbox that weighs 60 lbs. This looked like a good choice. When I plugged in my Taylor GS5 with an Expression system I found unacceptable line noise levels, even though I had a fresh battery in the guitar. I will try a balanced cable to see if that solves the problem. I plugged in my Godin ACS nylon string guitar and found the amp is absolutely quiet and surprisingly loud. I plugged in an Alesis nanoverb into the effects loop and found this works quite well without any added noise or volume loss. I guess the Taylor pickup system is just an impedence mismatch with the AG-30 amp's input, and should be an easy fix with the TRS cable.
BG from San Diego, CA



The best of the affordable amps

I couldn't believe what I heard when I plugged in my Seagull to this amp. The sound quality is incredible. I've tried lots of acoustic amps, but this is simply the best sound I've ever heard. It is a really light amp, which is useful for gigs, and it has a ton of power considering that it is only 30 watts. This is the best out there... Definitely buy it.
ksaajas from Normal, IL 



An amp that would not provide any coloration to the acoustic sound

I have a Foster Prodigy, an amazing hand built guitar from master guitar builders Jimmy Foster and Leroy Fauntleroy. I wanted an amp that would not provide any coloration to the acoustic sound and I found it. This little amp is wonderful and I am extremely pleased. If you have a great acoustic sound to start with, this is the amp. I highly recommend this amp - I love it.
Mike Prestwood from New Orleans



WOW!! What Can I Say

I ran across this amp and searched google for the price. I was surprised at the price and after reading the reviews I bought it. Took it home and WOW! The sound is really amazing, I was really suprised at it's size too. It is so cool. I got a really good deal but after playing on it, I would have given much more. I would recommend it, go listen to one if you can.
David from Missouri




No comments:

Post a Comment